Thursday, May 7, 2015

It has been a good few days..

Despite the sickness, life has been pretty darn good this week.
 Tuesday Riley's fever finally came down and by yesterday the rash and itch were gone.  Tuesday we did a few errands but we mostly stayed in and cooped up, which drove Riley crazy and caused the boys to fight.. consequently, by 4:30 I let them go run circles in the back yard, for my own sanity.
 Yesterday Riley spent a good part of the day with his Nana and then came home in time for a nacho bar here at that house with a bunch of Sean's Costco family and a few close friends. He ran around like a crazy kid with his brother, sisters and a TON of kids. "The Neighbors" as my kids so fondly refer to them as, brought the trampoline over for everyone to bounce on.
 His light is coming back, which makes my heart smile. Like everyone, he spends a lot of time thinking at night so bedtime and slow, down times seem to catch up with him but for the most part.. his smile has turned up a bit.
 I got report from Riley's teacher that he had the best day today since all of this happened. He managed to make it through the day without needing to leave class, he played with his peer's and told them about his time at home, sick. They all expressed how much they missed him and he genuinely was excited to be back.
 It feels like the last three days here at home with him were very much for a reason. He hasn't asked to many questions but we talk a lot. He finds some positive in all of this which I am grateful for. He said he likes being home with Cooper more because, "Mommy, Coopee-Doo missed me a lot when I was gone for a whole week.."
 I am thankful that once school ends they immediately start basketball, I think staying busy through the summer will help.
  Going back to work today was much needed. I love my family but when things get heavy here I love that I have somewhere to escape to, where I can talk with super fun adults. My clients are so amazing and know me so well that one brought me alcohol and the rest brought me coffee. LOTS of caffeine was consumed today, so much so that I don't know that I will be able to fall asleep anytime soon.
 I feel like life is slowly resuming back to a normal state and I hope I don't disrupt ours by putting that out in the universe. It's been chaotic since about February!
  I don't know how my life ended up where it is today or what I did in a past life to deserve this one. Though it can be chaotic and really down at times, it's still a good one and I am thankful for what I have, even on the bad days.
 I know we will still face some bad days and down times, I know that with time we will figure out our "new" normal.. whatever that means but for today, we are doing a-ok and even a little good. (:
 .. and for all of you who I have made cry with my last few posts.. I want you to know that I cried while writing them. I sobbed, actually.. like, super ugly cry.. but today I am smiling. Today I am thankful for all of you who love me enough to love my family. To care enough to ask, or even read this crazy diary of mine, comfort and shower me with Starbucks and booze.
 So many of you started out as clients and are now my friends. SO many of you have seen me through the good, the bad and the really ugly. Through it all, you guys have shown me an amazing amount of support and for that their isn't enough thanks that I can give. I hope you all know how special you are to me and soon enough, I'll be the same snarky, quirky and sarcastic stylist you have all grown to love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment